|UT| New World
Welcome to our website, please register if you are new or login if you are a member.
|UT| New World
Welcome to our website, please register if you are new or login if you are a member.
|UT| New World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UT99 Community

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Site Navigation
TNW Servers
TNW Servers

Something about Cheating!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Something about Cheating! Empty
PostSubject: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 5:30 am

Censored by the admins, contain spam and bullshit.

Last edited by X/FT on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|tNw|rx

|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 8:40 am

Hello X/FT,

I'm afraid there is no connection between nexgen and Ace at this point, let's fellow your theory that someone have manipulate the UT information, the ace is still going to check him even if he connect with more than one user it will kick him for sure if he is cheating since it will always "check" him.

Also note that there is a nexgen feature (not by the main nexgen author as it's plugin by sp0ngeb0b) which kick the player if ACE couldn't check them so if someone is trying to evade the check by "manipulate the ut entry information" he is still going to get kicked.

of course there is some cheat can bypass the ACE however the cheater wouldn't get kicked by the nexgen because it's not even an anticheat.

"NSC: [NSC-SYS] Login denied. Reason: Illegal login parameters"

I assume nexgen deny the login here because the client already exist in the server and timeout but if you really want to understand the issue correctly you gotta contact Defrost (the nexgen author) You can ask the nexgen author at this point but for sure it's not a hack because nexgen doesn't simply kick for a hack reason since it's not an anticheat.

Timeout can happen for loads of reasons such as: VideoDriver, NetSpeed, ID being used by another player. those are the common reasons for the timeout issue.

Nexgen can kick players in 2 cases only which are:

1. a player timedout and reconnected so fast he gonna get kicked and denied.
2. a player that got banned from the server and trying to rejoin he will get kicked and denied.

I can vouch for the players who you have mentioned their nick that they are clean.

Let's talk about the snipers, indeed there is some players looks like noobs while they are good with weapons such as sniper or shockrifle, It's simply because some of them:

1. have the sniper as the favorite weapon.
2. have a low ping which makes sniping so damn easy for them.
3. cheaters.

in case #3 you gotta read the ace check and see if they are kicked, if ace doesn't kick them and you are still suspecting then i advertise you to take screenshot from their "client side" which will show you what this guys see in their own UT. if they have aimbot installed you will be simply able to see it in this screenshot. Wink

Also you gotta record demos it helps a bit in this cases.

Let's talk about fabs, in case if you don't know yet fabs is a common name used by loads of players in UT99 it's not "one" person. it's many persons!

some of those fabs use cheat, and some of them play cleanly. it's just confusing when all this guys are using 1 nick. you can confirm on who is who by reading their info and comparing it. that require a lot of time on checking of course.

So once again for clearing i'm afraid that the ScriptLog you have posted of this people is not a hack proof because nexgen simply don't have any kind of protection against hacks since it's not an anticheat, you should have contacted Defrost to confirm on this to be honest before accusing people.

I've explained it based on my long admin experience, if you don't feel like believing you can always contact the mod authors they are the best people to explain the things since they know what they have done in their own mods. Wink

You can contact Defrost if you have got any question about the Nexgen.
You can contact Anth if you have got any question about the ACE Anticheat.
Back to top Go down
http://ut99.friendhood.net

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Last edited by X/FT on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|tNw|rx

|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 7:12 pm

I Fully understand your worries about the cheaters however the whole theory itself fails for 2 reasons as i have stated before which are:

1. The cheats which bypass ACE does bypass all the other anticheats afaik, as for nexgen it's not even an anticheat and that's what totally makes the theory wrong. nexgen would only kick a player in the 2 cases i mentioned above.

2. It's true that there is a cheat which bypass ACE however screenshots from "the suspected player side" and demos of course help

It's true that it's hard to recognize triggerbot from demo, however if you are experienced enough you can know.

I'm a bit confused right now, i thought you were asking for a help about this issue in your server? but now you have mentioned our server so not sure if you are talking about the "cheaters" in your server or the "cheaters" on our server. anyway let me clear it about the demo... it's true that spectator is locked in our server so you can't watch someone with behindview however you can still do a demo and watch the player who you want to watch in behindview in this demo.

I agree with your words about the security and antivirus it's the same example idd. you are not 100% save with ACE as i have stated above that's why you need your own expert admin team who look after your server while you are away just as we do.

Also let me clear that you always need a solid valid proof, what you have said is just a theory as i proved it wrong points already. you always need to contact the mod developers if you want to understand it correctly.

Also note that using a different anticheats in the same time can cause your server to lag and fully screw it up sometimes with issues such as the timeout issues... because ACE is heavy enough plus the new cheats are are usually made to bypass all of the old anticheats so using them is pretty useless anyway.

You won't find programmers this days who are skilled enough to program anticheat, because anticheat programming is totally different from the mods/mutators programming. you need someone real real skilled enough such as Anth to do it.

I'm already in contact with Anth (ACE author) as i have heard he will continue the anticheat programming, he is going to do something within the next 3 month as he said i hope.

You don't need to worry about the cheaters in our server they usually get banned faster than what they can expect, we have our own skilled admin team and our private tools which help in recognizing who cheats and who doesn't.

However If you are still suspecting in someone you can record a demo and send it to us to check it out.

Note that: sniper and shockrifle is the most popular weapons by the normal weapon newbies because they are simply a long range weapon who are skilled with those weapons doesn't have to be a cheater because 90% of nw players this days just use this 2 weapons and skilled with them as well.

Some normal weapon players just use shock and sniper because that's how they are practiced to play normal weapons, but i still call them newbies because the point from nw is using all the weapons not just 2 weapons... Razz

Oh well, about fabs there is really many fabs with different IP - ID however it's true that it could be one of them just sticking in your server so you gotta watch out when you ban a person with a common name such as fabs. make sure to rename the ban after you does ban him (in case if you think he is cheating for example) so the other innocent fabs won't get caught in the ban the same thing apply for the players who uses nick: player4

If you want to keep UT clean you gotta contact Anth he is the only person who supports UT against the cheaters and he deserve to be supported.

anyway in my opinion based on my experience the "[NSC-SYS] Login denied. Reason: Illegal login parameters" is just a timeout issue not more or less. so it got nothing to do with hacks or hackers.

I hope my posts have helped you to understand the case. if not, i recommend you to contact:

1. Anth the ACE Author.
2. Defrost the nexgen author.

those are the best people to explain the things better than anyone else about their own mods, also they are trusted. Wink

At the end everyone have his own believes which he believes with, we can always improve our believes by learning more about the things by asking the right people for explanation and help such as Anth - Defrost etc... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Last edited by X/FT on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Last edited by X/FT on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|tNw|rx

|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Yes the more anticheats the more of increasing the chance of the timeout issue because some of this anticheat are heavy enough already such as Ace also some of this anticheats are not compatible with each others so they can produce the issue for more players and they can even lag/bug your server if you ask me. so you gotta look out for which anticheat is compatible with the others.

The issues doesn't apply for all players for a very simple reason, i have mentioned it above but i'll mention it once again:

Players doesn't share the same settings therefore the issue apply for "Some" of this players not for "All" of this players.

The settings which may results in timeout issues are:

1. VideoDriver.
2. NetSpeed.
3. ID being used (that's when 2 players share the same ID)

the more of Anticheats the more this issues are produced, and in my opinion the people who timeout in your server are mostly does because of the #1 case with videodriver specially D3D for example since that driver is heavy by itself. with all this checking from the anticheats in your server i can imagine that it freeze the players UT until they get kicked for time out.

Let's not forget about the #2 case "the netspeed" it's one of the things which can result in timeout because of this anticheats.

And for the #3 case it rarely happens but still it's possible though. when 2 players share the same ID playing in the same time nexgen will kick one of them. because everyone must have different ID.

Also note that some nexgen plugins can produce timeout issues so if you have installed some new plugin recently this issue may happen for the players, i remember having this issue with one of nexgen111 plugins. Also wrong settings or configuration can result in a timeout issue. there is loads of reasons can produce this issue. but for sure it's an issue not a hack.

and indeed reporting things to Anth helps him a lot in improving the anticheat, that's what i usually does when i found out something new about cheats.

I can vouch for acid and xts that they are as clean as the pure water, they been playing in our servers for quite sometimes as we haven't notice anything weird from their side.

for xts they been playing for quite sometime in our server and if i remember correctly they are irc players who play in pugs, pugs are more practice than playing in public server and it helps a lot in improving skills because in pugs you play with the top skilled players in this game as you can always learn from them new things also the advises of top players in pugs can always help improving the skills so i'm not surprised. even though i think they are not that good to be near from the cheating level.

I know some of the top players in normal weapons who plays in div1 they are quite good compared to the people you are talking about. so imo it's just an issue/bug with the settings in your server not more or less.
Back to top Go down
Movement

Movement

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 2:26 am

Well I hope we came down with a understanding a and next time just pm me about some suspecting cheating instead of saying it out loud cause it distracts players and removes the vibe of playing and it turns into 'fuck you noob' 'fuck you cheater' type of conversation witch drives away players, I believe that rx already explained what I could even try to say and I hope you're alright with the reasoning behind I can vouch that he has many years of administration and if anything a I can keep an eye on him but I honestly doubt that he cheats (xts.) but I don't know who acid is. You seem pretty knowledgeable and would love to have you around to catch any mistakes me or rx where to make. Happy gaming bra   bounce 

-Movement
Back to top Go down
|tNw|rx

|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 2:49 am

Well said Movement.

I'll be moving this thread into "New World Servers" section since it's not about a ban.

Edit,

@Movement he couldn't use pm because there is a minimum amount of posts as 5 posts before activating the pm feature. that's to prevent the spammers from flooding the other users with messages/pms etc...

I may consider disabling that in the future not sure yet. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 am

Last edited by X/FT on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Movement

Movement

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 10:29 pm

I am self employed working in IT -Services Administration and Webdesign over 20 Years
so if i can do anything for Help let me Know Wink

TC....... X/FT[/quote]

Fuck yeah! You're the second person I knew in this game that has the same profession
Back to top Go down
|tNw|rx

|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 8:52 am

Knowledge is always fun idd also unlimited! Wink

---------EDIT---------

Since he have edited his posts later and attached bullshit and spams to it so we may not notice it [as he thinks...] we have removed him from the forum and censored the spams.

For more information you can pm me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something about Cheating!   Something about Cheating! Empty

Back to top Go down

Something about Cheating!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
|UT| New World :: Unreal Tournament New World Community :: New World Servers-
Jump to: